Weber - who are we?
Weber is a recognised manufacturer and innovator of easy to apply product in the external wall insulation, renders, tile fixing and construction mortar markets.
Weber works hard to build long term "win-win" open and friendly business relationships with its customers, so they feel part of the Weber family.
Weber is part of an international group employing more than 10,000 people across 54 countries worldwide.
Weber is part of Saint-Gobain, established in France in 1665, Saint-Gobain is one of the world's largest industrial groups, with an annual turnover of €43 billion and 193,000 employees.
The Group has been operating in the UK & Ireland since 1985. Saint-Gobain operates across five sectors; Building Distribution, Construction Products, Flat Glass, High Performance Materials and Packaging.
- 1900 - Both companies Weber et Broutin were founded in France in the early 20th century. George Weber and Jean-Baptiste Broutin made gypsum and lime based façade renders in their factories in Paris. They merged in 1927.
- 1946 - After world war 2, the company expanded into the reconstruction market.
- 1970 - It became part of the Poliet group in 1970, and gradually expanded.
- 1982 - Weber et Broutin started to develop on European markets.
- 1990 - Weber accelerates its European expansion: Italy, Germany, Eastern Europe...
- 1996 - Weber joined the Saint-Gobain group. The company became Saint-Gobain Weber.
- 1998 - Take over of Quartzolit and Concreto in South America. At the same time, Asia became Weber’s second development zone outside Europe, with operations in Thailand, China, and Malaysia.
- 2008 - Saint-Gobain acquired Maxit Group, extending the presence of Weber to Nordic countries and Baltic, whilst reinforcing it in Germany, Benelux, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and China.
- 2009 - Saint-Gobain Weber, finalized a joint-venture agreement with SODAMCO in Middle East, extending the operations to Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar, and opening good opportunities of development in this region.
Innovative offer of solutions and services based on the winning combination of a deep local knowledge and an international experience.
- Proximity with our customers:-
- A network of flexible and close-by plants to make our products & services more accessible.
- A strong knowledge of our customers job to better answer their needs.
- An innovation process which involves our customers to guarantee efficiency, quality and competitiveness.
- Useful innovation:-
- Solutions rather than products supported by relevant services.
- Non worry products, polyvalent solutions, productivity on the jobsites.
- Strong training programs for our customers on our new solutions.
- Environmental focussed approach:-
- Products made of selected components.
- Complete insulation offer for façade to limit energy consumption.
- Limited road traffic thanks to our network of plants.