Of the seven new build primaries, two secondries and a refurbished primary school, six of the buildings are now complete. A multinational team of contractors and design professionals – from Scotland, England, Denmark and Iceland – has been boosted by a council grant to allow work to continue on the construction of the initial sites. A further three will be handed over this summer.
These timber framed buildings have been designed with Scandinavian standards of insulation, lighting management systems, underfloor heating, natural ventilation and rainwater conservation systems and reach BREEAM ‘excellent’ standards using the 2006 benchmark for schools.
Lead contractor Pihl UK Ltd., a successful international contractor, draws on its Scandinavian heritage and provides a unique blend of innovative, environmentally friendly and modern techniques. The weber.rend MT system comprises a range of products for application onto a panel background or masonry substrates, where a high level of crack resistance is required. The construction of the external façade in this case incorporated a panel background, which resulted in weber.rend LAC, Lightweight Adhesive Coat, being used in conjunction with a glass fibre meshcloth and a synthetic finish. The system is ideal for fast track construction and ensures the timber is kept in a stable, dry environment giving good impact resistance and weather protection.
weber.plast TF150, an acrylic based, decorative finish, has been used as the final finish coat in white. It is a wet pre-mixed material, factory batched for consistency, and ready to use and apply to prepared surfaces on to the tinted primer. weber.plast TF150 provides a durable and resilient finish and is a robust and excellent all-round weather performer.
Contractor George Rome (Glasgow) Limited, a multi-disciplined contractor with a particular focus on the most technologically advanced render and plastering systems, has been the applicator on this extensive project.
All the news
- Weber monocouche render brings new life to Gosford Castle
- Weber multi-coat render system for groundbreaking award-winning zero carbon development
- A+ monocouche render by Saint-Gobain Weber for new homes at St Martin, Looe
- A+ Monocouche one-coat render for Lapicida - London
- Transform homes with weber.therm External Wall Insulation (EWI) system
- Weber monocouche renders achieve an A+ Green Guide Rating
- Weber introduce NEW pral M 'Chalk' sample
- Weber announce new 'Frequently Asked Questions' section to website
- Deaf Cultural Centre Wrapped In weber.therm XM Wins INCA Award
- Weber render passes Dundee University test