Both products are one-coat, through-coloured monocouche renders manufactured from carefully selected raw materials. They achieve an excellent weather resistant, low maintenance and highly durable finish, and while providing a protective outer coat for the building will, at the same time, allow the structure to breathe. These renders are quick and easy to apply, contributing to short programme periods which reduce associated scaffolding and site costs and encourage the completion of ground works at an earlier stage.
The Green Guide is an accredited environmental profile rating system for products and building elements. By auditing materials and components on their environmental performance and impact, and the way they are used in buildings, specifiers and designers can consider comparable systems, or materials, and make selections that will collectively reduce the environmental impact of their buildings. This will help to meet the mandatory requirements and achieve more materials credits in a Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) assessment.
These profile ratings measure the performance of materials over their entire life based on Life Cycle Assessments (LCA), measuring the material from extraction and harvesting, process manufacturing, construction and maintenance methods, through to its eventual disposal. Information on key issues related to environmental sustainability also contribute to the Ecopoints assessment – the lower the Ecopoints the less environmental impact the product or system will have.
Comments Steve Belcher, Product Manager – Weber: “The achievement of an A+ rating marks an important development both in terms of the monocouche product range and as part of Weber’s sustainability credentials. The assessment undertaken by the BBA was very detailed and has enabled a deeper understanding of our processes, including highlighting areas for further environmental improvement.”
All the news
- Weber monocouche render brings new life to Gosford Castle
- Weber multi-coat render system for groundbreaking award-winning zero carbon development
- A+ monocouche render by Saint-Gobain Weber for new homes at St Martin, Looe
- A+ Monocouche one-coat render for Lapicida - London
- Transform homes with weber.therm External Wall Insulation (EWI) system
- Reorganise, renovate and rebuild with Weber reinforced render finish system
- Weber introduce NEW pral M 'Chalk' sample
- Weber announce new 'Frequently Asked Questions' section to website
- Deaf Cultural Centre Wrapped In weber.therm XM Wins INCA Award
- Weber render passes Dundee University test