From the carcass of a dramatic industrial building, Europe's leading stone tile specialist has created a 5000 sq ft environment entirely from stone which is featured on walls, floors and ceilings, as a cladding, an architectural element and as one-off works of art.
weber.pral M monocouche render was applied by Saint-Gobain Weber-approved application specialist Virtuoso Plastering Limited, Leeds, in one of Lapicida's beautifully designed garden concepts. The pale grey shade was chosen from a broad colour pallet to create a peaceful outdoor haven that compliments the natural paving, stone balustrade and brickwork cameos.
"You really have to see it to believe it," says James Mead, head of product management, Saint-Gobain Weber. "The quality of this showroom with its fantastic open spaces and sensational room sets provides a tremendous environment for our massively popular, high-specification renders which are available in a choice of decorative textures and finishes. These products are hard wearing and easy to apply and are selected by architects, designers and applicators worldwide."
Saint-Gobain Weber is the first producer of monocouche renders to be awarded an A+ rating for weber.pral M and weber.pral D as defined in the BRE Global 2008 Green Guide to Specification. These audited materials help specifiers to make selections that will collectively reduce the environmental impact of their buildings while achieving more materials credits.
Both products provide the multiple benefits of the through-coloured, One-coat Technology which is being recognised for its contribution to minimising programme works. By decreasing the drying time associated with a traditional two-coat system by as much as 50%, on-site labour and the cost of other equipment is greatly reduced. "We had a tight schedule on this project," says Dave Robertson, managing director, Virtuoso Plastering, "so time-saving materials that perform well and look great are critical to the schedule."
The interior room sets were designed and project managed by the Lapicida team and serve to inspire the design community at large with exciting and innovative approaches to the specification and use of natural stone.
All the news
- Weber render system for bespoke contemporary new build
- Weber monocouche render brings new life to Gosford Castle
- Weber multi-coat render system for groundbreaking award-winning zero carbon development
- A+ monocouche render by Saint-Gobain Weber for new homes at St Martin, Looe
- Transform homes with weber.therm External Wall Insulation (EWI) system
- Reorganise, renovate and rebuild with Weber reinforced render finish system
- Weber monocouche renders achieve an A+ Green Guide Rating
- Weber introduce NEW pral M 'Chalk' sample
- Weber announce new 'Frequently Asked Questions' section to website
- Deaf Cultural Centre Wrapped In weber.therm XM Wins INCA Award